Monday, October 19, 2009

A little about me...

Hi! My name is Adam Manteuffel and I am the College of Biological Sciences (CBS) freshman admissions counselor at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. In this blog I am going to tell you about exciting opportunities, important events/dates, and about my own experiences as a former student here in CBS!

Before I tell you more about CBS, I am going to share some fun facts about myself! First of all, I graduated from CBS in May 2009 with a degree in Biology and an emphasis in health sciences.

Most memorable U of M experience: Going to Golden Gopher football games with all of my friends!

Most interesting course: Immunology, because the professor was exceptional and he applied class topics to current events like H1N1 influenza.

Favorite campus restaurant: Jamba Juice! Because nothing goes better on a hot day than a nice cold smoothie.

Favorite hobby: Fishing and hunting. I love to relax and be outside with nature even if it is below zero during deer season or ice fishing on one of Minnesota’s 10,000 lakes.

Favorite trip: I went on a vacation for two weeks where I ziplined through the jungles of Guatemala, snorkeled off the coast of Belize, and enjoyed the beaches of Cancun, Mexico!

Favorite sports teams: I was born and raised in Wisconsin so I am a Packer fan through thick and thin, but I will cheer for the Golden Gophers over any other team! (And go Brewers!)

'Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment